- This event has passed.
SOMA Workshops @ Massage For Life Conference – (Hamilton, New Zealand)
20th September, 2019 - 22nd September, 2019
When we allocate exercises for our clients do we question why we are giving them the movements? Is the movement or exercise the most effective for our client? Does it carry over into their everyday challenges?
This workshop identifies how to observe and listen to the body. Giving the client what they need but packaging it how they want it!
Applying “guiding principles” and defining “terms” in our industry and what they really mean, we can achieve greater results for our clients as well as empowering them to take responsibility for their own wellbeing.
Come and experience how feeding the body intelligent motion not only helps you move and feel better but changes your whole emotional state.
- Define intelligent motion and how it fits into our programming;
- Expose a simple language that improves rapport for you and your client;
- Discover guiding principles that clarify motion and enhance your training modalities;
- Implement simple yet very powerful movements that enhance client outcome; and
- Increase enjoyment in your sessions for your clients.
For years we have tried to rehabilitate the body in an isolated manner, focusing on muscles or the location of the pain. How has this worked for you? For the client, it has been extremely frustrating, as well as the therapist and practitioner. How do I know? I have lived in both roles.
If you really want to gain a better understanding of how we can create better solutions, to help recondition the body for the challenges of life, then this session is for you.
We will look at traditional issues that occur in everyday life (back, knee, shoulder pain) and implement simple, yet effective systems that allow us to enhance the body…not fix! Reconnecting the human being physically, mentally and emotionally to move, feel and live better.
Allowing the clients to become responsible for their own wellbeing and enhancing their ability to meet their goals in everyday life.
After all, isn’t that what our role is all about?
- Define our parameters in movement and emotion;
- Define 3 Dimension and 2 Dimension movement;
- Create a clearer perspective of looking at movement through various complexes of the body;
- Implement simple strategies and applications for these complexes; and
- Have take away tools that can be instantly applied for clients at sessions end.
SOMA is a Self-management and self-care system, that is a unique blending of movement philosophies to engage a person in a manner that empowers them to move, feel, and live better.
SOMA is a fresh approach to enhancing the quality and performance of nerve, muscle, bone, and fascia tissues through hydration, mobilization, and activation techniques that allow for more effective communication between the body and brains!
SOMA is an holistic client-centred methodology for promoting regenerative health. Regenerative Health is about re-establishing an internal state of balance.
SOMA accomplishes this through the use of self-applied applications that include that you will experience:
- Self Osteofascial Engagement™ (SOE);
- Self Fascial Mobilisers™ (SFM);
- Self Myofascial Engagement (SME);
- Self Isometric Activation™ (SIA); and
- Each application is used to help regenerate tissue health. This provides better movement recovery to allow you to train smarter.
On a daily basis do you question what you are doing and whether it is working? Are there times you apply an exercise but it doesn’t give you the result you were expecting? This is exactly what the majority of practitioner’s do – including me!
Recent times have seen a major breakthrough in how we define functional anatomy and movement patterns. This has lead to a far different and more effective method of creating change in the body. Through great researchers like Thomas Myers and Steven Levin, we have been exposed to findings that now challenge existing science. Science that has dictated how we condition and train the body!
Newton’s or Borelli’s Law of Levers has big questions about its application and relevance in human movement…we are in fact a Biological system. A Biological system is low energy consuming, open system, constructed with soft, viscoelastic materials that behave nonlinearly.
Wow! Now if that didn’t blow your mind, then come and see the science and experience how we can more effectively change the body with simplistic strategies and a better understanding of the fascia that connects all!
Wouldn’t you like to be more effective with your results for your clients and yourself?