Golf exercises, both before and after the golfing game, are vital to optimise golf performance and maintain tissue health. The benefit of taking time at home to reset your tissues lies in the calmness and space it provides, allowing your nervous system to relax.
This relaxation enables your tissues to reset more effectively, preparing them for the upcoming game. The freedom to combine roller work with movement and mindful breathing creates a heightened awareness of what your tissues need.
Feel SOMA’s specific roller techniques, coupled with targeted movement applications, offer many advantages for both preparation and recovery. This potent combination will:
- Optimise the neural response, enhancing communication within the body,
- Reset the movement patterns specific to golf, aligning the body for optimal performance,
- Enhance the fluid response, facilitating the slide and glide required for tissues to function at their best in the game.
This comprehensive approach not only prepares the body for the game but also aids in improved golf performance and recovery, ensuring a continuous cycle of improvement and well-being.
Duration: 30 – 35 mins
When: Before and after playing.
Program Flow – follow the Roller Work section, do both sides of the body, then repeat on the side that feels more restricted. Once the Roller Work is completed move onto the Preparation section.
Terminology – We use innovative techniques that may differ in name and locations. Follow the videos and coaching tips for success.
SOE – Roller technique targeting the boney sections. 30 secs max in this region.
SME – Roller technique targeting the muscular sections. 60-90 secs in this region.
SFM – Fascial Mobilisers are our way of moving the tissues, we don’t stretch. 45-60 secs each
- Remember to breathe when performing the program, this will ensure tissue adaptation.
- Keep the movements at low speed and low force, nothing should be forced.
- Listen to and follow the videos, until you feel confident to perform by yourself.